ISI Mark Certification Form
What is ISI Mark Certification?
ISI stands for Indian Standards Institute; it is the certificate scheme under BIS which ensures that a product withstands the BIS Standards and safety. ISI Mark Certification allows you to use the ISI Mark. Under the ISI Certificate, 346+ products fall, which requires an ISI Certification mandatorily, and without this, the manufacturer won’t be able to sell and manufacture products in India.
The ISI Certification is BIS’s most recognised product quality certification mark. ISI Certification ensures the safety and quality standards of products delivered to the customers. The ISI Mark guarantees that the products adhere to Indian Standards. The process of obtaining an ISI Mark is a voluntary act. The Certificate proves that electrical items or appliances are safe for use.
Primary Objectives of ISI Certification
- It increases customer satisfaction and enhances the business goodwill;
- Reducing wastage of resources & thereby minimising the costs of production;
- Confirming delivery of high-quality products to consumers;
- Provide better growth prospects to the business;
- Provide a guarantee of safety and quality of products;
- Mitigating product rejections.
Important Points to Consider for ISI Certification
Following are some vital points to consider for ISI Certification:
Benefits of Obtaining ISI Certification
Access into Market
Provides Competitive Advantage
List of Products under ISI Certification
TAKE FREE ADVISOR CONSULTATION
Documents Required for Getting ISI Certification
1. Address proof of the manufacturing unit;
2. Copy of Certificate of Registration;
3. A certified copy of the test report by a BSI-certified lab;
4. Details of equipment used for testing;
5. Copy of Trademark Registration Certificate;
6. Packaging details such as product size, quantity, storage facility, etc.;
7. Layout plan of the factory;
8. Certificate copy from the Regulatory Authority;
9. A copy of the bank statement of the company;
10. Flow chart of the manufacturing process;
11. Indian residency proof;
12. Particulars regarding the raw material being used;
13. Latest utility bills such as electricity bills, gas bills, water tax receipts, etc.;
14. Product or component drawing.
Procedure for Obtaining ISI Certification in India
The manufacturer of the products submits the Application along with required documents and fees to BIS. After receiving the Application, BIS officers conduct factory inspections, collect a sample of products, test them, and make an independent testing report. The BIS ISI Certification is provided if the product meets the confirmed quality standards.
The steps to be followed for ISI Certification are as follows:
Validity and Renewal of ISI Certificate
ISI certificate is valid for only one year, and it can be further renewed by filing a renewal application and paying the prescribed renewal fees. The Application for the renewal must be examined by a Practising CA (Chartered Accountant).
Reasons for the Rejection of the ISI Application
There are some conditions which, if not complied with, then BIS reject the ISI application and some reasons the BIS are as follows:
- If the samples are not submitted for testing after submitting the ISI application;
- If there are sufficient technical personnel with the manufacturer;
- The firm or the applicant is indulging in unethical practice;
- In case there is a failure on the manufacturer’s part to provide assistance to visiting official at the time of the factory visit;
- If the firm has not submitted correct documents or incomplete documents;
- If there is a vast deviation in the manufacturing facility from the declared (BIS official) facility;
- If there are not sufficient technical personnel with the manufacturer;
- The samples drawn for testing fail the test;
- If there are lack of facilities for testing by the manufacturer;
- If there is non-conformity in factory testing of sample product during 2nd
Note: Before rejecting the ISI Certification application, the BIS will give you 21 days of the notice period, and in this period, you need to hear in person or through a representative. If the reasons provided by the applicant are unsatisfactory, then the BIS will reject the Application.
LegalVidur Assistance for ISI Certification
LegalVidur will help you in obtaining ISI Certification without any difficulties. LegalVidur will provide responsive, competent, and excellent ISI Certification services. To ensure the customer’s satisfaction, we work tirelessly to complete the ISI Certification.
For getting LegalVidur assistance, follow these steps: