Online P-Tax Registration through Legal Vidur
Professional Tax is like Income tax but is collected by the State Government. It is a tax on all kinds of professions, trades and employment and levied based on the income of such profession, trade and employment. It is levied on employees, a person carrying on business including freelancers, professionals etc.
Apply for P-Tax
Let the experts of Legal Vidur offer you the needful aid on the P-Tax Registration & Filling process. P-Tax or Professional Tax is being imposed by all the State Govt. on every paid individual. The P-Tax is inflicted based on the profession, trade, or employment of the individual taxpayer. The tax rates also varied according to the various State Governments but the highest amount of payable P-Tax is INR 2000 per annum. Till now, states like Maharashtra, Karnataka, Gujarat, Kerala, West Bengal, Assam, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Tripura, and Meghalaya are charging this particular tax.
Company/Firms/LLP: Company, firms, LLP, Corporation, societies, HUF, Associations, clubs are taxable entity.
Professionals(Individuals): Legal Practitioners like solicitors, Notaries, medical representatives like dentist, medical consultants, doctors and other professionals like management consultants, tax consultants, surveyors, CS, CA, Insurance agents, engineers, architects and contractors are all considered as professional individuals who need to pay professional tax.
There are two types Professional tax certificates:
- PTEC (Professional Tax Enrollment Certificate): This is paid by the business entity, owner or a professional i.e. Private/ Public Limited Company, Sole Proprietor, Director Etc.
- PTRC: (Professional Tax Registration Certificate): Government or Non- Government employer deducts the tax from the employee’s wages and deposits the same to the government.
Registration & Filling of P-Tax is Mandatory for :
- All types of paid professionals working or trading in India.
- According to the regulation, every professional acquiring a regular monthly wage is obliged to pay this particular tax. The professionals would get a unique registration number by registering in the P-Tax portal and using that they can pay the P-Tax therefore.
- P-Tax registration is the responsibility of every business owner, who shall deduct the professional tax from an employee’s salary and expense for fulfilling the very regulation.
Who are exempted from paying Professional Tax?
- Foreign employees are exempt from paying profession tax.
- Indians employed by the Foreign office and consultant are excluded from taking the certificate of registration .
How we Work?
The following documents are mandatory for online P-Tax registration by Legal Vidur:
Document required for professional tax Enrollment
Document required for professional tax Registration
TAKE FREE ADVISOR CONSULTATION
Easy to conduct
Staying away from penalty
Facilitating the State Govt.
After every financial year, the P-Tax should always be filed. The employers also get an opportunity to correct any mistakes made within the scheduled time of registration and filling.
P-Tax amount varies in different states in India. Notably, Maharashtra Govt. amended a new law stating each partner of a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) is liable to pay P-Tax of INR 2,500 per annum.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Members of army, air force, navy and related auxiliary forces or reservists.
2. Persons on establishment of defence ordnance factories.
3. Badli workers in textile industry.
4. Persons with permanent physical disability including blindness.
5. Parents or guardian of any person suffering from a physical disability or mental retardation.
6. Women exclusively engaged as agents under MPKBY scheme of directorate of small savings.
7. Persons who have completed the age of 65 years.