Apply for Voter ID Card
A voter ID card is an accepted form of personal identification in India as it is issued by a government body. The voter ID consists of the following details:
• A unique Serial number
• Photograph of the cardholder
• A hologram containing respective state/national symbol
• Name of card holder
• father’s Name of card holder
• Card holder’s
• Card holder’s date of Birth
The card holder’s residential address and signature of the issuing authority (Electoral registration officer) are on the rear side of the voter ID card.
TAKE FREE ADVISOR CONSULTATION
Voter ID Card Eligibility:
An Indian Citizen
18 Years of Age
Applicant must have Permanent Address
Points to note before applying for a Voter ID
Voter ID is an important document required for an Indian citizen as it enables him/her to exercise a fundamental duty of voting in democratic elections. Voter ID also serves as a proof of identity and address. Here are the following things to keep a note of:
• Applicants must be of a minimum legal age of 18 years
• They should be of sound mind, free of criminal charges and not financially bankrupt
• They should fill out the relevant documents such as Form 6 and ensure that they provide relevant original documents
• Applicants must solely apply for Voter ID only through government or government approved websites and centres
• Applicants must ensure details such as spelling of their name, date of birth, address and so on are correct
• Applicants must also ensure that all information that is provided is legally correct in all aspects
• On successfully receiving the Voter ID, applicants must re-verify their documents and Voter ID to see if the information is correct.
How to Verify Voter ID?
Applicants can verify their Voter ID if they suspect their ID to be a counterfeit by using their Voter ID number. The applicant will have to visit the official website of the Chief Electoral Officer of their state or the nearest state election office. In doing so they must search and check if their name is present in the electoral roll, following which they can cross verify the details. If there are any discrepancies the applicant must bring it to the notice of the Chief Electoral Officer.
Uses of Voter ID
• The card serves as a proof of identity and address
• Voter ID Card is an acknowledgement that the cardholder is a registered voter
• Voter ID has several personal identification features such as the cardholder’s signature & photograph
• The Voter ID card can be utilised to avail certain government schemes