Apply for APEDA
What is APEDA?
Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) is a government organization established in 1985 through an act for the development and promotion of export of scheduled products. It provides financial assistance, information, guidelines towards the development of scheduled products. The products specified under the APEDA ACT are called schedule products and exporters of such scheduled products are required register under APEDA.
Applications of APEDA
In accordance with the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Act, 1985, (2 of 1986) the following functions have been assigned to the Authority.
Development of industries relating to the scheduled products for export by way of providing financial assistance or otherwise for undertaking surveys and feasibility studies, participation in enquiry capital through joint ventures and other reliefs and subsidy schemes;
Registration of persons as exporters of the scheduled products on payment of such fees as may be prescribed;
Fixing of standards and specifications for the scheduled products for the purpose of exports;
Carrying out inspection of meat and meat products in slaughter houses, processing plants, storage premises, conveyances or other places where such products are kept or handled for the purpose of ensuring the quality of such products;
Improving of packaging of the Scheduled products;
Improving of marketing of the Scheduled products outside India;
Promotion of export oriented production and development of the Scheduled products;
Collection of statistics from the owners of factories or establishments engaged in the production, processing, packaging, marketing or export of the scheduled products or from such other persons as may be prescribed on any matter relating to the scheduled products and publication of the statistics so collected or of any portions thereof or extracts therefrom;
Training in various aspects of the industries connected with the scheduled products;
Such other matters as may be prescribed.
TAKE FREE ADVISOR CONSULTATION
Documents are required for registration
The advantage of APEDA Registration
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
2. Exporters can avail the various financial assistance schemes of APEDA.
3. It helps the exporters in brand publicity through advertisement, packaging development, database up-gradation and surveys etc
4. Provides guidelines to exporters about the various products and countries for export
5. Registered members can participate in training programmes organized by APEDA for various scheduled products and thereby improve their business.
• Furnishing false information.
• Breach of rules by the registering authority.
• Breach of conditions imposed in the certificate of registration.
• Failure to export the scheduled product for 12 consecutive months