Apply for Death Certificate
Death certificate is an official document issued by the concerned State Government to confirm the deceased state of a person. Registration of death is mandatory under the Haryana Government as per the provisions of Registrations of Death Act, 1969. In this article, we view the procedure for obtaining Haryana death certificate in detail.
Registration of Birth and Death Act,1961
Every birth and death occurred within the concerned state/UT government needs to be registered within 21 days of its occurrence. The Municipal Corporation in Haryana is responsible for issuing the death certificate under the State Government.
The required documents are to be submitted along with the application form.
TAKE FREE ADVISOR CONSULTATION
Purpose of Death Certificate
A death certificate is required for the following purposes:
• To prove the fact of death for relieving the individual from social, legal and official obligations.
• To confirm the date and time of death.
• To establish the claim on the property.
• To enable settlement of property inheritance, and
• To authorize the family to collect insurance and other benefits.
Person Responsible for Registering Death
The person required to register death are listed below:
• If death has taken place in Government hospital, private hospital, nursing homes, medical institutions, such death are to be reported by the person in charge of institutions within 21 days of death to the concerned Registrar.
• If death has taken place in the home, it is responsible for the head of the family to report such deaths within 21 days to the Sub Registrars.